Museo Bottega della Tarsia Lignea
Situed in the historical centre of Sorrento in a patrician palace of the 18th century. In the halls of frescoed vaults and roof covered with hand-painted wall-paper, a rich collection of inlaid wooden furniture and objects made by local marquetry masters of the 19th century is on display.
The Cathedral, built early fifteenth century in Romanesque style has been restored several times up to the 1924 when the entire facade was rebuilt. Noteworthy the side door from 1474 in Renaissance style. Inside the church, in addition to its baptistery, where the most well known citizen of the town was baptized, there are many paintings of the Neapolitan school of the 1700 century, an archbishop throne in fine marbles and several wooden marquetry works of local artisans such as the pictures of Via Crucis or the wooden panels of both main and side doors. All these are works of contemporary young artisans of marquetry art.
The Church and the Cloister of San Francesco
The San Francesco cloister is among the most ancient monuments of Sorrento, a construction unique with a particularly suggestive architecture that blending a style of the 14th century with others from other eras, includes rests coming from pagan temples and materials of other ancient settlements. Next to the convent is the church of St. Francesco which dates back to the 16th century. Inside, in the first of the three chapels on the right, you will find a wooden statue depicting the saint with Christ on the cross, donated by the Vulcano family in the 17th century.
The Basilica of Sant'Antonino
This church, dedicated to St. Antonino the patron saint of Sorrento, dates back to 11th century and presents various elements of plunder such as the column shafts, probably coming from the portico of one of the many roman villas of the area. In the crypt, rebuilt in the 17th century, many ex-voto and paintings, mainly of sailors, confirming the strong link between Sorrento and its patron saint.